Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A full meal deal all in one. I thought this looked like the old fashioned Dilly Bar ice cream sandwich, once I had it done, so, hence, the name. The sausages are the "dillies" on top.
- 1. Cut sausages on the bias & cook in skillet, sprayed, until each side is browned. Lay on paper towels, to drain & set aside.
- 2. Spray the inside of a stainless 3 1/2" x 1 1/2'' high cutter or mold (usually come in graduated size sets in cake supplies stores).
- 3. Chop potatoes about to half the size they are.
- 4. In a med size bowl, mix the potatoes, cheese & eggs well.
- 5. Put very little cooking oil on a griddle & heat on medium heat.
- 6. Place the round mold(s) on griddle.
- 7. Pour 1/4 mixture into each mold & cook on medium-low heat, with a lid covering them for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8. Flip the whole thing over while still in the mold & continue cooking on second side for another 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 9. While still on griddle, run a small sharp knife around the edges of each mold. Should loosen easily.
- 10. Remove from griddle with spatula & plate it.
- 11. Spread 1/8 cup Raspberry Chipolte jam on each round, then top each with 1/4 of the sausages.
Me wikes!! :)
Nice recipe! I can't wait to try sw%u263A
Looks wonderfully yummy! and easy (the best part!)