Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I had a package of chicken thighs and this is what came out. It has the perfect flavor, I used boneless chicken thighs, but you can use with bones if you desire. We served it over no-yolk noodles.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (19 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 dash Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Clean chicken and wash.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Chop onion and pepper.
- Mix spices with flour (I use a plastic bag).
- Pat chicken dry and coat with flour mixture.
- Fry chicken until brown (about 10 minutes or so).
- Use a large enough skillet the chicken can lay out in a single layer.
- Using a non-stick skillet is best.
- Push aside chicken and add onions and peppers.
- Fry until onion is no longer opaque (short time).
- Add tomatoes and wine.
- Bring to boil and turn down to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 40 minutes.
- Stir once or twice during cooking.
- Add mushrooms.
- Return cover and cook another 15 minutes.
- When done the chicken should be falling apart and falling off the bones (if you used chicken with bones).
- Serve standalone or over rice/noodles.
This is an excellent week-night dinner, and is relatively inexpensive to make. I used 1 lb. of chicken breast, and red wine instead of white. I also chopped up a few fresh mushrooms, since we can't stand canned ones. I used a 24 oz jar of sauce, and I would say this recipe serves four, as long as you make enough pasta. We used whole wheat spaghettini. Thanks for a keeper.
This was great. I skipped the breading of the chicken and just added the spices to the liquid. ALso used red wine instead of white, all I had, and it had a rich delicious flavor.