Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. I love Quiche. I make it all the time for lunch guests. Someday when I open my own bakery, it will be on the menu. You can put all sorts of extra flavors into this and change the personality. So here is a great starter with great flavor. Tip: One Pie crust, 4 eggs and two cups of milk to make a Quiche and add what you want to make it yours. Just try to stay away from overly moist ingredients.
- 1 (1 lb) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion, rinsed and dried
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped, cooked and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture. (Use only half. Save the rest for another Quiche.)
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a lightly greased pie plate, place the pie crust and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the spinach, goat cheese, cumin, chicken broth, milk, eggs salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a skillet brown bacon, drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the Simply Potatoes in the bacon drippings and then add to the bowl with the spinach.
- Mix the ingredients together and pour into the pie crust. Top with the bits of bacon and Parmesan Cheese, bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Serve with a Parsley garnish or a side salad. Serves six and can be served at room temperature, if you want.