1/2 Photos of Simply Potatoes Tart With Goat Cheese Quiche
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Potato dough has been a favorite in my family for years. My mom always uses mashed potatoes to create lefse, a flatbread that is enjoyed around the holidays in my family. It always used to amaze me that mashed potatoes could be turned into so many different things. With that in mind, I decided to try using mashed potatoes as a tart crust, and it worked! The potato tarts are delicious filled with a fairly traiditional quiche filling. Feel free to play with the ingredients and change the filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the tart
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour, plus 1/2 cup additional bread flour for
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the filling
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 slices pre-cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the Salsa
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare the tart dough by combining mashed potatoes, flour and salt. Using your hands, combine all ingredients until a dough is formed. Flour a countertop and roll out dough. You want it to be relatively thin. Use extra flour as needed to keep the dough from being sticky. Cut dough into large circles to create tarts.
- 3Spray a muffin tin with pam. Press dough into the muffin holes, making sure to press the dough up against the side. Once all the tins have tart dough, bake dough for about 8 minutes.
- 4While tarts are baking, whisk eggs and half and half in a medium bowl. Add in remaining ingredients for the filling. When tarts are finished, pour filling into each tart. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until filling has set.
- 5While the tarts are baking, prepare the salsa. Combine all ingredients, season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to garnish the tarts.
- 6Serve tarts with fresh pico de gallo on top.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Potatoes Tart With Goat Cheese Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.8
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 158.2 mg
- Sodium 1084.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes