Recipe by bellevue81
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry..Easy, quick, delicious and tasty meal to be served as an appetizer, snack or main dish for a meal!! This recipe uses the essential and healthy Simply Potatoes Southwestern Style Shredded Hashbrowns, coupled with ground turkey and topped with cheese for a delicious slider to be served as an appetizer or addition to a tailgate, snack or a main dish. Very versatile and quick and easy for the busy cook/mom/dad/business person!! I love how quick the prep and to the plate or serve time can be, but also how TASTEY and delicious!!
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 (24 ounce) packageslider buns or 1 small bun, of your choice
- 10 slices cheese, of your choice (swiss or cheddar work best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together in a bowl one 20 oz. package of Simply Potatoes Southwestern Style Shredded Hash Browns, one 16 oz of package of ground turkey, and one egg in a mixing bowl. Mix by hand and form into 10 round balls, and then flatten into patties for grilling or frying in a non-stick pan.
- Preheat grill or non stick pan on medium high heat. Cook 5 to 8 minutes on each side until golden brown, top each pattie with one slice of favorite sliced cheese,( i use swiss or cheddar cheese) let cheese slightly melt, remove from pan and place on bun and serve.
- Use the Simply Potato Southwestern Shredded Potato, Turkey & Cheese Slider as either appetizer, as a great addition to tailgate food or as a main dish for a meal.