1/1 Photo of Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Brown Crusted Tilapia #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A light and delicious crispy crust from the Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns make this popular fish an economical and tasty treat everyone in the family will love and want to have over and over!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns on large cutting board.
- 2Press with paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible. Using a large knife, chop shredded hash browns into small dice. Press again with paper towels.
- 3Place eggs in shallow dish and whisk until completely blended.
- 4Place flour on a shallow plate.
- 5Run Tilapia through eggs, press flour into both sides and shake off excess, and then press firmly into finely diced Hash Browns. Place on wax paper or parchment paper and let sit for 15 – 20 minutes.
- 6Place canola oil in a large skillet over high heat and bring to frying temperature (very hot without smoking). To test, drop a few of the Hash Browns into the oil and if the oil bubbles all around them, it’s hot enough. Carefully place 2-3 filets into the hot oil. Cook on one side until golden brown, then flip and bring the other side to golden brown, about 6- 8 minutes total.
- 7Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remainder filets. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Brown Crusted Tilapia #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1593.9
- Calories from Fat 1288
- Total Fat 143.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 218.0 mg
- Sodium 166.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 56.5 g