1/1 Photo of Simply Potatoes Open-Faced Break Fast Sandwich #SP5
Chef #1802631774's Note:
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This easily prepared meal is made using traditional breakfast foods, however, it can be a lunch or dinner meal, too. It will satisfy your appetite for egg, cheese and hash browns with a bit of sweetness from your favorite fruit jam or jelly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prep two non-stick 12 inch skillets for cooking by placing 1 tablespoons butter in each skillet and heating butter on medium until melted.
- 2Crack open 4 eggs(separately) in one skillet and cook side by side (uncovered) until over easy (yolk slightly runny), app. 3-5 minutes.
- 3Place 2 cups Simply Potatoes in second skillet, spread evenly in skillet, flatten with a spatula, cook (uncovered) 6-8 minutes, then spread 1 tablespoons butter on top of hash browns, flip sides, and cook another 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4While eggs and hash browns are cooking, toast 4 slices of bread of your choice (I used bakery white bread), remove from toaster, place 2 slices per plate (side by side), butter and apply 1 tablespoons of jam or jelly of your choice to buttered bread. Remember to check on eggs and hash browns while bread is toasting! When done, turn off burner under each skillet.
- 5Apply 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice to top of each slice of buttered and jellied bread.
- 6Remove eggs from skillet, placing 1 egg per one slice of bread, on top of cheese.
- 7Remove hash browns from skillet, placing 1/2 cup of hash browns per one slice of bread, on top of egg. You may season to your taste; I used no seasoning or condiments. (I did place some jam on the side of my plate to use as dip for eggs & hash browns.).
- 8Repeat steps 1-7 and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Potatoes Open-Faced Break Fast Sandwich #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1270.5
- Calories from Fat 846
- Total Fat 94.0 g
- Saturated Fat 55.8 g
- Cholesterol 591.1 mg
- Sodium 975.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 36.9 g
- Protein 28.4 g