Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I came up with this idea when I had leftovers in the fridge and wanted to make something simple and comforting. We are gluten free and eat potatoes quite often. You can use regular Cambells type or a gluten free condensed cream of mushroom soup like Pacific Naturals. Its a great tasty dish at room temperature or hot and makes great leftovers.
- 8 ounces fresh mexican chorizo sausage
- 1 (10 ounce) container condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese, with cream cheese added, like kraft
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 10 inch skillet cook chorizo until browned about 5 minutes and drain.
- In a large bowl mix cream of mushroom soup with 1 cup of cheese, cooked chorizo, chicken and potatoes.
- Pour into a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Cover with foil .
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until potatoes are tender.