Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. One-dish potato and Kielbasa recipe with the twist of adding shredded sweet potato.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, shredded (large shreds, not fine)
- 1 (10 ounce) package kielbasa, sliced into 1/3 inch rounds
- You will need some cooking oil (2-3 TBS Any type); Salt & Pepper to taste; and a deep skillet.
- 1. In deep skillet, sauté green pepper and onion in oil until onion is just beginning to turn translucent (Do not overcook as the mixture will continue to cook with the other ingredients.).
- 2. Drain off the excess oil retaining a coating in the bottom of the pan. Save the excess oil in case you find you need to add some back in during the next phase of cooking.
- 3. Add in the shredded sweet potato, Kielbasa, and Simply Potatoes and cook as directed on the package. Add salt and pepper to your taste. While cooking, you may find that you need to add some of the oil that you retained in step 1.