Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Gnocchi are Italian-style dumplings made of potatoes and flour. You can serve gnocchi with any of your favorite pasta sauces. Here's an easy recipe using Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns with a simple pesto Parmesan sauce.
- 2 medium eggs
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons basil garlic pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated and divided
- In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add potatoes and 1 2/3 cup flour. Stir until well combined and dough forms. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes until chilled.
- Bring 2 quarts water to boil in a four quart pot.
- Use remaining flour to dust work surface. Transfer dough to surface, knead briefly adding flour if sticky.
- Divide dough into four portions. Roll each portion into logs 1/2" thick. Cut each log into 1/2" wide pieces and press tops with fork to flatten slightly.
- Cook in two batches, add gnocchi and cook 5 minutes until tender and floating to top of water.
- Remove with slotted spoon to clean bowl. Add pesto and 1/4 cup cheese, toss with spoon until gnocchi is covered lightly.
- Divide into equal portions into serving bowls, top with remaining cheese and serve.
What a wonderful recipe!! Italian comfort food ..... at it's best!! Thanks for sharing!
We love gnocchi and this sounds so quick and easy! Looking forward to trying it! nj