Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Potato cakes topped with cheese, basil and tomatoes! It is a quick, easy and delicious appetizer that everyone will enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes and beaten eggs. Using a tablespoon, spoon into 12 potato cakes on a non-stick cookie sheet. Bake at 425 degrees F. for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Turn potato cakes. Return pan to oven and bake for 4 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Mound one tablespoon Parmesan cheese on each potato cake. Place under the broiler and broil for 3 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool on pan for 3 minutes.
- Place 2 basil leaves over the cheese on each potato cake, then top with diced tomatoes. Place on serving platter and enjoy!