Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When prepared with Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion, this recipe includes no chopping and comes together in just minutes. The result is a nutritious, low-cost, vegetarian recipe that kids love as much as their parents do!
- 1. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place them in a 350 degree oven.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the chili powder directly to the oil and stir quickly.
- 3. Immediately add Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion and pinto beans, quickly stirring to distribute as evenly as possible. Reduce the heat to medium.
- 4. Allow the potatoes and beans to cook undisturbed for 3-4 minutes, until the potatoes and beans have become crisp and brown on the bottom. You may need to turn down the heat up or down a little to keep the sizzling sound but prevent burning. Just use your nose!
- 5. When you can see good color developing on the bottom, use a metal spatula to flip the potatoes and beans, one square at a time. (If you notice that all of the oil has already been absorbed, you may need to add a little more oil under each square of filling.).
- 6. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the filling and cover the skillet loosely with aluminum foil or a cookie sheet. Allow the cheese to melt and the underside to brown.
- 7. Add one scoop of filling to each warmed tortilla. Serve as-is or top with any of your favorite tex-mex toppings. (Sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and green onions all work well.).