Recipe by Sarah W.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Succulent beef stew with simply potatoes diced with onions is one of the most simple, yet delicious recipes I use on a regular basis. It is a great, hearty meal that all members of your family will enjoy. This meal can be thrown together quickly, or left for hours to simmer on the stove so all of the delicious flavors stew together.
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cubed lean beef
- 8 ounces chopped baby carrots
- 32 ounces low-sodium low-fat beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (add more for thicker base)
Directions See How It's Made
- The first step to making this delicious stew is to chop the carrots into bite-sized pieces. The next step is browning the bit-sized cubed beef until cooked all the way through in a skillet on medium heat; don't drain any of the grease, you will use this to brown the Simply Potatoes. After the meat is brown, you will then place it in a container to the side, then put the Simply Potatoes Diced with onions in the skillet and cook until brown, on medium heat. Then you will put the Potatoes into another container to the side (or if you read ahead and got a big enough container, they can both go in).
- The next step is place your soup pot on the stove and turn the heat on high and add the beef broth and tomato paste to your pot (you can add more tomato paste if you like your base to be thicker), and heat until boiling. Once your mixture is boiling, turn down to simmer and add the carrots, beef, and potatoes and onions. The final step is to heat on simmer until carrots are cooked all the way through (approximately four hours), or for quicker meals, heat on medium (approximately one hour).