Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious, easy way to poach salmon- would make a good vegetable stock as well without the fish. I did this with sea bass and it worked just as well.
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, including leaves, chopped
- 3 fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs salmon fillets or 2 lbs salmon steaks
- In a large pot or deep skillet, combine all the ingredients except the salmon. Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Add the salmon, skin side down, and poach it at a bare simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until it is just cooked through. Transfer the salmon to a plate, cool, and chill.
I agree--this is a delicious and easy way to prepare salmon. My children (ages 10-14) now frequently request salmon for dinner. Thanks for sharing a recipe that's convenient on a week night, healthful, and we all enjoy.