Recipe by Deely
This is DH's recipe. It is simple comfort food and is very versatile. You can use chicken quarters in place of chops or chicken broth in place of water. Feel free to experiment with different herbs. We never make this the same way twice. A side note: I would recommend using a bone in, fattier cut of pork and not loin chops in this recipe.
Top Review by Hunkle
The flavor is 5 star! I used chicken broth instead of water and also sprinkled a little seasoning salt and pepper on the pork chops. Then prior to putting them in the oven, I seared them and added chopped onions and garlic to the skillet. To kick up the flavor a notch, I mixed in 1/2 tspn of thyme to the broth and rice mixture. Because I seared the pork the oven time needed to be less or else it would have dried out. So to ensure my rice cooked through, I heated the broth to boiling before mixing it in. Overall a very tasty meal that I will definately do again. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1⁄4 onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 pork chops
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together soup, water, rice and 1/4 teaspoons pepper in a 3 quart casserole.
- Add onions.
- Salt and pepper chops and place on top of rice.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 1 1/4 hours or until meat is done and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.