Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this recipe one morning, when I was hungry for Oatmeal Pancakes...They are really EASY, really GOOD, and really SIMPLE!!!
- 2 cups baking mix (Jiffy or Bisquick)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- Soak oatmeal in buttermilk for 10-15 minutes. Mix the baking powder and baking mix together. Add to the oatmeal and mix well. Add more buttermilk, if necessary, to bring the batter to the thinness that you desire. Thicker batter will take longer to cook and may be more difficult to cook through.
- Preheat griddle to medium heat or heat an electric frying pan to the temperature recommended for pancakes. Grease lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook by 1/4 cupfuls on griddle, until golden brown on one side and bubbles are formed around the edges. Turn and cook on second side until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
These are yummy! I used "Bisquick" for the baking mix. However, mine did not rise too much. And I did have to thin the batter a bit. I really enjoyed the texture. I think that next time I made these....I will add cinnamon to the dry ingredients. Thank you for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2009.