1/1 Photo of Simply Loaded Mashed Potatoes #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. The cheese baked over the sides of the crocks, the garnish of scallions, and the dollop of sour cream to top it all off, make a nice side dish display on any table, from casual lunches to formal dinners. This deliciously simple recipe came to mind almost instantly after reading about your recipe contest. I made this up myself, a take off from a recipe I created for layering ingredients in ramekin crocks for simple macaroni and cheese bakes. These loaded mashed potatoes are so easy to make, all the ingredients are easy to find at any local grocery store, and inexpensive to purchase. These loaded potatoes are layered in ramekin crocks, creating perfect sized portions, with a perfect loaded potato taste. I actually place my ramekins in a toaster oven to bake, making this recipe for me an even less expensive side dish to add to almost any meal.
My Private Note
7-8 oun ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Fry the bacon, then crumble in pieces.
- 3Chop the scallions in small pieces.
- 4Microwave the potatoes according to the directions on the Simply Potatoes label.
- 5Spoon the heated mashed potatoes into the ramekin crocks, for this first layer, just cover the bottom of each crock with the mashed potatoes. Place the potatoes in lightly, don't pack them down.
- 6Cover the potatoes with a layer of cheese.
- 7Sprinkle bacon on top of the cheese.
- 8Repeat the above layers in each crock. Begin with spooning mashed potatoes over the bacon. Make a mound of potatoes that goes up a little over each crock edge.
- 9Cover the potatoes with a layer of cheese.
- 10Sprinkle bacon on top of the cheese.
- 11Bake the crocks in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- 12Remove the crocks from the oven and garnish with chopped scallions.
- 13Top each crock with a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Loaded Mashed Potatoes #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 310.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes