Recipe by CheesyGal
I got my free Kraft Family Food & Family magazine yesterday and I found this recipe. I have been looking for a really good but simple lasagna recipe. Hopefully this is it!!
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 cup water
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 1 1/4 cups of the mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, parsley, and egg until well blended.
- Set aside.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into meat in skillet.
- Pour water into empty sauce jar; cover and shake well.
- Pour into skillet; stir until well mixed.
- (yields about 5 cups of sauce.).
- Place 1 cup of meat sauce on bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish.
- (This way the noodles won't stick to the pan.).
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup meat sauce.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/4 cups of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Cover tightly with greased aluminum foil.
- Bake 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minute or until bubbling.
- Let stand 15 minute before cutting for easier serving.