1/1 Photo of Simply Italian/Sicilian Tomato Sauce
its so simply homemade tomato sauce that i had learned when i was in italy...a sicilian originally made..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the whole tomatoes,bring to a boil in a pan with water,until the skin of tomatoes are breaking,don't over cooked.
- 2Remove from pan and peel off the skin of tomatoes by using a knife.
- 3Cut into pieces and place in a non stick skillet together with garlic.
- 4Let it boil and simmer until the tomatoes turn into thick sauce,then add the basil.cook for another 5 minutes.
- 5Turn off the heat,add the olive oil.stir.
- 6Pour into cook pasta,spaghetti or macaroni,sprinkle with parmesan cheese,serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Italian/Sicilian Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g