Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This soup is simply good and simply easy! I found this at MakeVeganMeals.com, tried it and loved it! If you like Hot & Sour soup, you know how complex the recipes can be. This one is so simple--yet flavorful and delicious! The original recipe calls for low sodium soy sauce and white wine vinegar. I'm posting the recipe with rice vinegar because I like the flavor and additional sweetness it brings, ditto on the regular soy sauce. And this soup gets better the 2d day! I took it for lunch one day and it was so aromatic and comforting when I opened the thermos. I hope you enjoy this simple soup!
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon white pepper, careful not to add too as much the flavor is distinct
- 1⁄2 cup corn, frozen or canned
- 1⁄2 cup peas, frozen or canned
- 1⁄2 cup extra firm tofu, chopped into squares
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add all ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Let the soup cool slightly, then serve!