This soup is simply good and simply easy! I found this at MakeVeganMeals.com, tried it and loved it! If you like Hot & Sour soup, you know how complex the recipes can be. This one is so simple--yet flavorful and delicious! The original recipe calls for low sodium soy sauce and white wine vinegar. I'm posting the recipe with rice vinegar because I like the flavor and additional sweetness it brings, ditto on the regular soy sauce. And this soup gets better the 2d day! I took it for lunch one day and it was so aromatic and comforting when I opened the thermos. I hope you enjoy this simple soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon white pepper, careful not to add too as much the flavor is distinct
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen or canned
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen or canned
- 1/2 cup extra firm tofu, chopped into squares
- 1/2 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Add all ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 3Let the soup cool slightly, then serve!
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Hot & Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2140.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 22.9 g