Recipe by pamela t.
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. These mashed potatoes with the smokiness of gouda cheese and the flavor of bacon are bound to become a hit with your family.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These are so good and decadent! I could not find the Simple Potatoes mashed potatoes so I used Ore Ida frozen/ steamed mashed potatoes. So rich and creamy and easy to put together; my mom and brother came over for dinner and I was able to mixed these up ahead of time and just pop them in the oven. Made for Football Pool Win 2013-14.
- 1 (24 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 8 slices apple-smoked bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups smoked gouda cheese, divided
- 4 green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bacons in a skillet, drain and crumble.
- Chop up the green onions.
- Spray a 9 x 15 cassarole dish with cooking spray.
- add potatoes and 1 C gouda.
- add sour cream.
- Stir together until just mixed.
- Sprinkle bacon and green onions on top.
- Top with 1 C gouda.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 30 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the mixture is heated through.