1/1 Photo of Simply Hashbrown Apple Pie Casserole #SP5
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This casserole takes the best of a loaded baked potato (think bacon, cheese and a dollop of sour cream) and teams it with a slice of Apple Pie (Don't forget the slice of Cheddar.) A sweet and savory delight that can be used as a main course or a side dish. Bon Apetite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut bacon into cubes (put bacon in freezer for 30 minutes to make chopping easy).
- 3Peal, then cube apples.
- 4Cook bacon in large skillet until cooked thoroughly but not crispy. Drain cooked bacon cubes on paper towels and save the bacon drippings to grease casserole dish.
- 5In large bowl, combine slightly thawed hash browns, bacon, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, cubed apple, and sour cream. Spread mixture into a 13 X 9 casserole dish greased with aprox. 4 Tbs. bacon drippings.
- 6Top with remaining 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
- 7Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
- 8Allow to stand 15 minutes and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Hashbrown Apple Pie Casserole #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.1
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 522.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 12.3 g