Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This creamy & delicious guacamole is something I've been making for many years, usually stirring it together just as everyone is sitting down to the table. The fresh guacamole needs no refrigeration and its ingredient amounts can be varied according to your preference. Enjoy!
- 1 large ripe Hass avocado
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 -6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon coarse ground garlic salt
- Slice avocado lengthwise; remove pit and scoop avocado into a small bowl; add mayonnaise, lime juice, worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and salt; stir and mash the ingredients together (chunky guacamole takes less stirring and mashing while creamier guacamole takes more) until guacamole is preferred consistency; serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate if desired.
- NOTE: Lemon juice may be substituted for the lime juice ~ You'll still get yummy guacamole!
Simply Guacamole is simply delicious. I doubled the recipe. I liked that addition of Worcestershire sauce in there. Thanx for a great dip; it's a keeper!
Although this is nothing more than a basic guacamole, it deserves 5 stars because neither the title nor the introduction nor the ingredients promise you anything special. This IS a very QUICK and SIMPLE dip, but the ingredients are well balanced and I also love the idea that it uses storecupboard ingredients. I would probably add some cilantro if I served this guacamole to guests and use fresh garlic and maybe chili. However, the recipe as it stands is good enough for everyday use. Thanks for a tasty guacamole recipe that is made in no time!
Very good dip that I had with tortilla chips! I liked the worcestershire sauce and the hot pepper sauce. Thank you Deb!