- 6 new potatoes, halved (medium size)
- 3 cups chicken or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- garlic salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl (if using microwave) or small pot on the stove combine broth, smashed garlic cloves, 1/2 of one lemon, 1/2 Tablespoon Kosher salt. Cover tightly with lid or saran wrap and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the halved potatoes, recover tightly and simmer until potatoes are fork tender (about 5-8 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes). Drain and discard lemon half and garlic.
- In a bowl add the butter then the potatoes, carefully swirl the potatoes around in the bowl until butter is melted and has coated all the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the garlic salt and ground black pepper (to taste). With the last half of the lemon squeeze juice (about 1 tablespoon) over the top of the potatoes and once again carefully "swirl" potatoes around in the bowl to coat.
- On a preheated greased grill or oven (on greased baking sheet for oven) at 350 degrees F place potatoes cut side down for 10 minutes, turn and cook for another 5 minutes. (watch the color of the potatoes on the grill as they may be cooked faster than the oven).
- Remove from heat and let potatoes rest 5 minutes before eating.