Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
As Andrew Weil, MD, would advise...use darker leaf greens as they contain more antioxidants.
- 2 cups salad greens (washed, and torn)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar or 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- Whisk dressing together.
- Toss with greens.
- Add any chopped vegetable you may have on hand.
- So simple! So quick! So healthy!
I owe you one! my hubby who will not touch salads or veggies ever, LOVED this salad. he loves how simple the dressing was and actually went back for seconds. I took a tip from barefoot contessa and whisked together the dressing in the bottom of my large salad bowl, then tossed it all together. :) it could not have been easier! thank YOU for a keeper!
This was exactly what I've been looking for! Very simple indeed, but the best salad you ever did taste! Loved the dressing, was so fresh, and full of flavor with the spring mix lettuces really shining through. Thank you!!
It doesn't get much more simple than this. I love balsamic vinegar, and this dressing is spot on. Paired it with Seafood Dinner and a crusty baguette for a great dinner.