Recipe by cuteandbublee
I make these at least 3 times a year because they are so simple and amazing and they always seem to be disappearing. I always send my hubby to work with a pan to share with his friends.
- 5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 (32 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce (up to 4 cans)
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb of any cheese, herbed (I use tomato basil cheese)
- 1⁄2-1 cup vegetable oil
- 32 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the bottom of 3 deep dish pans (I use the disposable kind with green chili sauce about 32 oz total).
- Warm up the remaining sauce in a large sauce pot till a little warmer than room temperature, but not too hot since you will have your hands in it.
- In a small skillet heat up enough oil to coat a tortilla.
- Start to fry them about 3 seconds on each side.
- After you fry them, immediately immerse them in the green chili sauce and lay them out to sit until you have done them all (if you doing this with a partner have your partner coat the tortilla in sauce and start assembly in the pan).
- In a large bowl combine room temperature chicken and 1 lb of each cheese.
- Now spoon about 4 tablespoons of the mixture in each of the tortillas; roll them up and set them in pans.
- Next pour remaining 32 oz of sauce over the enchiladas and cover in the remaining lb of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or till cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot.