1 hr 35 mins
This is a very creamy recipe with a bit of crunch that my friend gave me. It's soooo delicious and I'm always asked for the recipe. I've doubled it for potlucks. You could save time by using a 3 pound bag of boneless skinless chicken and cooking it ahead of time. Why not pop the chicken into your crock pot to cook while you are at work? When you get home, you just assemble and bake! Your family will ask you to make this again and again. Try it and I think you'll be pleased.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package buttery crackers (2 stacks, crushed)
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a large Dutch oven, bring to a boil.
- 2Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- 3Remove chicken, and cool slightly. Skin and bone chicken, cut into bite-size pieces.
- 4In a large bowl, combine chicken, soups, sour cream and pepper.
- 5Place half of crushed crackers in a lightly greased 7x11 baking dish;
- 6spoon chicken mixture over crackers.
- 7Top with remaining cracker crumbs and drizzle with butter.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Good Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (733 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 914.0
- Calories from Fat 584
- Total Fat 64.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 217.7 mg
- Sodium 1666.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 48.3 g