Recipe by jo2109
I was introduced to this simply divine and easy cake by a lady named Margaret at a health spa. Its healthy and even those watching what they eat love this one. I have given up keeping count the number of times I have been asked for the recipe once someone has tried a piece of this cake.
- 750 g mixed fruit (chopped)
- 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons liquor or 2 -3 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur or 2 -3 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 2 cups self raising flour (if using plain / all purpose flour, add 1.5 teaspoons baking powder)
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice (ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak mixed fruit in orange juice (and liquor if desired), minimum 1 hour, but can be left overnight in fridge.
- Stir in sifted flour and mixed spice, then pour mix into paper lined 20cm (8in) square cake tin.
- Cook in oven at 160degrees (celcius) for 40mins, let sit to cool slightly in tin before turning out onto cake rack.
- Enjoy, goes wonderfully well with a cup of tea or coffee for a mid-morning or afteroon snack.