Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry -- Most of us need a quick family friendly meal after a busy day. This one is full of veggies and topped with bacon and cheese. Who doesn't love cheese & bacon? Serve with a crisp green salad and a simple dessert and you'll even have time to wash the dishes. =) The bread bowls would also be a hit at a brunch or a potluck.
- 2 (11 ounce) cansrefrigerated French bread dough
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 (12 ounce) baggreen giant steamer broccoli and cheese sauce
- 1⁄2 cup velvetta processed cheese
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits, cooked, drained, and diced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place a 12 cup muffin tin upside down on a baking sheet. This is to prevent any oven drips. Spray the cups with cooking spray if desired.
- Cut each loaf into 6 equal pieces. Flatten slightly and press onto the upside down cup to form a shallow bowl. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the bowl bottoms are golden brown. Gently remove from the muffin tin while warm. A slight twist helps. Place on a baking pan or microwave safe plate.
- Microwave the Steamer Broccoli and Cheese according to package directions; approx 5-7 minutes. Mash slightly when adding to the potatoes in the next step.
- Pour potatoes into a micro safe glass bowl. Add velvetta. Microwave on high 4 minutes stirring every minute. The potatoes should be al dente, but cooked and the cheese melted. Stir in the package of broccoli and cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the 12 baked bread bowls. Sprinkle with the diced bacon. At this point the bread bowls could be chilled for later use or finished for your meal.
- Microwave individual servings or bake approz 10-15 minutes in the oven if cold. This step is simply to heat. Baking results in a crispier crust.