Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
Have had this recipe for ages and just noticed I don't have it here on Zaar. This is a fabulous, simple and delicious dip great for entertaining. Three cheeses - Cheddar, Jack and Asiago cheese melted with artichoke hearts and crab makes this dip stand out. Serve with chips, sliced baguettes and or vegetables.
Top Review by ondyp
Very good. My company loved it. I wasn't sure if it would be flavorful enough so I added some roasted garlic. It was VERY good. It made a HUGE reicpe (9x13 pan) so I'll probably half it next time.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, well drained (or substitute 1/2 lb fresh crabmeat)
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped green onions (divided)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain the cans of artichoke hearts well. Using paper towels, squeeze as much liquid as possible out of the artichoke hearts, then coarsely chop and set aside.
- Mix together sour cream, cream cheese, and mayonnaise until smooth. Fold in artichoke hearts, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese, all of the asiago cheese, crabmeat, 3/4 cup of the green onion, salt, and pepper.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 2 quart casserole dish or baking pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese evenly over the top. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly. Remove from oven, and garnish with remaining green onion.
- Serve hot.
- (This dip is great with tortilla chips, baguette slices, crackers or raw vegetables.).