Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Have had this recipe for ages and just noticed I don't have it here on Zaar. This is a fabulous, simple and delicious dip great for entertaining. Three cheeses - Cheddar, Jack and Asiago cheese melted with artichoke hearts and crab makes this dip stand out. Serve with chips, sliced baguettes and or vegetables.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, well drained (or substitute 1/2 lb fresh crabmeat)
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped green onions (divided)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain the cans of artichoke hearts well. Using paper towels, squeeze as much liquid as possible out of the artichoke hearts, then coarsely chop and set aside.
- Mix together sour cream, cream cheese, and mayonnaise until smooth. Fold in artichoke hearts, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese, all of the asiago cheese, crabmeat, 3/4 cup of the green onion, salt, and pepper.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 2 quart casserole dish or baking pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese evenly over the top. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly. Remove from oven, and garnish with remaining green onion.
- Serve hot.
- (This dip is great with tortilla chips, baguette slices, crackers or raw vegetables.).
Very good. My company loved it. I wasn't sure if it would be flavorful enough so I added some roasted garlic. It was VERY good. It made a HUGE reicpe (9x13 pan) so I'll probably half it next time.
Am sorry the recipezaar.com site closed, i lost lots of recipes but am find so many more on food.com :) this one sounds fabulous and i will try it soon.