Recipe by CarrolJ
This is a very simple Bubble And Squeak recipe which would be a good use of pre-cooked left-over potatoes. Made for ZWT 2010.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Made this to go with dinner and loved it. I've had fried potatoes before but never quite like this with the added cabbage. It was wonderful and a nice way of getting extra veggies for the family. DH specially liked it. I loved the way of serving too. Can't help but wonder how the name comes about - I do love the English way of naming things. Made for ZWT6 and the Mischief Makers.
- 3 large potatoes, cooked & unpeeled
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped parboiled and drained well
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop cooked, unpeeled potatoes.
- In large skillet, fry bacon; drain on paper towel.
- Saute onion and in bacon fat until golden brown.
- Add chopped, precooked cabbage and chopped, cooked potatoes to the pan with the sauteed onions.
- Chop the fried bacon and sprinkle the bits over top surface.
- Allow potatoes to become golden brown on bottom over medium heat.
- Invert skillet over large serving plate.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.