Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple Bubble And Squeak recipe which would be a good use of pre-cooked left-over potatoes. Made for ZWT 2010.
- 3 large potatoes, cooked & unpeeled
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped parboiled and drained well
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon parsley (optional)
- Chop cooked, unpeeled potatoes.
- In large skillet, fry bacon; drain on paper towel.
- Saute onion and in bacon fat until golden brown.
- Add chopped, precooked cabbage and chopped, cooked potatoes to the pan with the sauteed onions.
- Chop the fried bacon and sprinkle the bits over top surface.
- Allow potatoes to become golden brown on bottom over medium heat.
- Invert skillet over large serving plate.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Made this to go with dinner and loved it. I've had fried potatoes before but never quite like this with the added cabbage. It was wonderful and a nice way of getting extra veggies for the family. DH specially liked it. I loved the way of serving too. Can't help but wonder how the name comes about - I do love the English way of naming things. Made for ZWT6 and the Mischief Makers.
We have our big meal for breakfast and I made this to go with our breakfast. I didn't have any cabbage but did have some leftover brussles sprouts. I sliced them thinly and added them in place of the regular cabbage. Also had some leftover baked potatoes. I left the skins on and cut them up and used those. I left out the parsley and added dashes of onion powder and garlic powder and a little salt and pepper. YUM. I love this stuff. It goes so well with the potatoes. Thanks for posting this recipe.