Recipe by nanunanu
My mother used to make this for my brother and me on special occasions. Very good. The best way I have found to serve round steak
Top Review by Theresa P
I made this for a week-end supper and it was a great way to fix round steak ! I have not bought a round steak in years because it can be a tougher cut of meat but , I had to try this recipe because my mother cooked a simmilar dish . I like the fact that you just put it on to cook and can leave it and go do other things for an hour. I served it with steamed rice and it was great !! It turned out very tender . I guess I will be buying round steak more often now !!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tenderized boneless beef round steak
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, cut into slices (i like vidalia)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drain and reserve liquid
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- cut steak into thin strips.
- in a large skillet, brown meat in oil, using high heat.
- add onions.
- saute until tender crisp.
- blend soup, liquid from mushrooms and garlic salt.
- pour over steak.
- add mushrooms.
- reduce heat, cover and simmer for one hour or until steak is tender.
- serve over bed of fluffy rice.