Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is so easy to make and delicous. No one would ever guess how easy and quick it is.
- 680.38 g tenderized round steaks
- 29.58 ml oil
- 2 large onions, sliced thin
- 113.39 g can mushrooms, including liquid
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml dry sherry
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- Cut steaks into thin strips and brown in oil.
- Remove steak and set aside.
- Add onions to drippings and saute until tender crisp.
- Mix soup, sherry, mushrooms with liquid and seasonings.
- Add browned steak and soup mix to onions in pot and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- May be served over noodles or toast points.
Wow Lubie this was 5 stars all the way! I am always looking for recipes using round steak and this one caught my eye as it was also quick & easy. We were in for a real treat last night. The only think I changed was to aliminate the salt and I used a little beef base instead it gave it rich beefy flavor. The meat came out exceptionally tender. I will be making this one often. Thanks for a great supper!
Wonderfully delicious! The only change I made was to substitute some beef broth for the sherry. I used a boneless bottom round steak and it was extremely tender after simmering for an hour. I loved the subtle hint of the cayenne pepper as it added just a little bit of kick to the dish. I served this with some mashed potatoes, marinated vegetables and biscuits for an easy meal. Thanks a bunch for sharing this recipe!
This recipe was wonderful, but I will admit that I did take one liberty with it. Instead of round steak, I had a small chuck roast that I wanted to put into the crockpot. So I used this recipe. I just seared the roast, placed it in the crockpot, followed the rest of the directions to a T....poured it over the roast and let it cook for about 5 hours. Sliced the roast, and served layered over egg noodles with the gravy that spooned over the top. It was fantastic. DD kidnapped the leftovers!!!!