Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is so easy to make and delicous. No one would ever guess how easy and quick it is.
Top Review by Just Cher
Wow Lubie this was 5 stars all the way! I am always looking for recipes using round steak and this one caught my eye as it was also quick & easy. We were in for a real treat last night. The only think I changed was to aliminate the salt and I used a little beef base instead it gave it rich beefy flavor. The meat came out exceptionally tender. I will be making this one often. Thanks for a great supper!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tenderized round steaks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large onions, sliced thin
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, including liquid
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steaks into thin strips and brown in oil.
- Remove steak and set aside.
- Add onions to drippings and saute until tender crisp.
- Mix soup, sherry, mushrooms with liquid and seasonings.
- Add browned steak and soup mix to onions in pot and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- May be served over noodles or toast points.