Recipe by Busy Lindsay
I came up with this salad one day and loved it! Now I bring this salad to dinner parties and it's always a huge hit. The two different vinaigrettes mixed together are a perfect combination of sweet, tart and tangy. For dinner parties with people I don't know well I usually leave the almonds and dressing on the side in case anyone has food allergies; only once has anyone passed on the almonds and dressing. This salad is also great topped with grilled chicken to make the salad a complete dinner.
- 591.47 ml lettuce (preferably a spring mix)
- 78.07 ml cucumber, sliced
- 118.29 ml cherry tomatoes, halved (or grape tomatoes)
- 59.14 ml red onion, sliced very thin
- 59.14 ml grapes, halved (or berries will work too)
- 44.37 ml almonds, slivered
- 78.07 ml balsamic vinaigrette (or Red Wine Vinaigrette)
- 78.07 ml raspberry vinaigrette dressing (Ken's Steakhouse makes a good one)
- 1.23 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- parmesan cheese or gorgonzola
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl mix the two vinegarettes and black pepper together, stir until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss lettuce, cuccumbers, onions, grapes, tomatoes and almonds.
- Add to veggies the desired amount of dressing, cheese, and more almonds. Enjoy!