Recipe by Busy Lindsay
I came up with this salad one day and loved it! Now I bring this salad to dinner parties and it's always a huge hit. The two different vinaigrettes mixed together are a perfect combination of sweet, tart and tangy. For dinner parties with people I don't know well I usually leave the almonds and dressing on the side in case anyone has food allergies; only once has anyone passed on the almonds and dressing. This salad is also great topped with grilled chicken to make the salad a complete dinner.
- 2 1⁄2 cups lettuce (preferably a spring mix)
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or grape tomatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced very thin
- 1⁄4 cup grapes, halved (or berries will work too)
- 3 tablespoons almonds, slivered
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinaigrette (or Red Wine Vinaigrette)
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinaigrette dressing (Ken's Steakhouse makes a good one)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- parmesan cheese or gorgonzola
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl mix the two vinegarettes and black pepper together, stir until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss lettuce, cuccumbers, onions, grapes, tomatoes and almonds.
- Add to veggies the desired amount of dressing, cheese, and more almonds. Enjoy!