Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this salad one day and loved it! Now I bring this salad to dinner parties and it's always a huge hit. The two different vinaigrettes mixed together are a perfect combination of sweet, tart and tangy. For dinner parties with people I don't know well I usually leave the almonds and dressing on the side in case anyone has food allergies; only once has anyone passed on the almonds and dressing. This salad is also great topped with grilled chicken to make the salad a complete dinner.
- 2 1⁄2 cups lettuce (preferably a spring mix)
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or grape tomatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced very thin
- 1⁄4 cup grapes, halved (or berries will work too)
- 3 tablespoons almonds, slivered
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinaigrette (or Red Wine Vinaigrette)
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinaigrette dressing (Ken's Steakhouse makes a good one)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- parmesan cheese or gorgonzola
- In a medium sized bowl mix the two vinegarettes and black pepper together, stir until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss lettuce, cuccumbers, onions, grapes, tomatoes and almonds.
- Add to veggies the desired amount of dressing, cheese, and more almonds. Enjoy!
Great lunch salad with some chicken or shrimp added! We love the Vinaigrette!
Made this for lunch and I really enjoyed it. I followed the recipe other then I didn't add red onions as I am not a fan. I too added pamesan cheese. Very tasty salad. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
I made this as written except I used regular tomato wedges and made my own creamy raspberry vinaigrette and used the shredded parmesan cheese. I liked the combination of the balsamic and raspberry vinaigrettes. Thanks for a great salad combination Lindsay!!! Made for Spring 2008 Pick a Chef.