Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Oyster stew is so easy and delicious. It makes an elegant company or holiday meal. This is a stripped down version that retains the full flavor of great oyster stews. Enjoy!
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 2 (12 ounce) cansfresh oysters (drain, strain and reserve liquor, keep oysters and liquor in refrigerator until ready to use)
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan. Add Simply Potatoes and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool.
- Transfer cooled potato mixture to blender. Process until mixture is smooth. Return to saucepan. Add oyster liquor and half-and-half, stirring gently over medium-low heat until mixture is heated through; 2-3 minutes. Do not let mixture boil. Add oysters and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring gently, until edges of the oysters begin to curl. Serve with oyster crackers.