Recipe by Kelly M.
The recipe title says it all, simple, yet elegant. Wonderful green beans using walnuts, goat cheese and balsamic vinegar. Simple company dish or great for those of us who like to eat as if we were having company! Reduces easily.
Top Review by CyndiCB
I made this recipe tonight for dinner. My family really enjoyed it. I only had goat cheese with honey, but it worked! I think I would definitely add some garlic next time for just a bit more flavor. Other than that, it was a really good and simple recipe. Thanks for sharing!!
- 1 lb fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam green beans in boiling water until crisp-tender (4-6 minutes).
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat, add walnuts, and toast in oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add green beans, salt and pepper.
- Sauté for about 3 more minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, toss with beans and walnuts to thoroughly coat.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese, toss lightly and transfer to serving dish.