Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The recipe title says it all, simple, yet elegant. Wonderful green beans using walnuts, goat cheese and balsamic vinegar. Simple company dish or great for those of us who like to eat as if we were having company! Reduces easily.
- Steam green beans in boiling water until crisp-tender (4-6 minutes).
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat, add walnuts, and toast in oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add green beans, salt and pepper.
- Sauté for about 3 more minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, toss with beans and walnuts to thoroughly coat.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese, toss lightly and transfer to serving dish.
I made this recipe tonight for dinner. My family really enjoyed it. I only had goat cheese with honey, but it worked! I think I would definitely add some garlic next time for just a bit more flavor. Other than that, it was a really good and simple recipe. Thanks for sharing!!
If you live in the sticks like I do, you are most likely to encounter soft goat cheese. I think a hard goat cheese works better (and I like the feta suggestion).
It still tastes delicious, but aesthetically is considerably less appealing.
Really good green beans-for me I think I put too much cheese on 'em cause they were a bit bitter, but really good otherwise.