Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from "Cheap-Skate In The Kitchen". I literally threw it together and served it with some french bread, and my DH nearly had a heart attack, saying how good it was. It was contributed to the cookbook by Nancy Guth.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Open the cans. Do not drain. Dump everything into large pot and heat thoroughly.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chopped cilantro. Serve with mexican cornbread. Shhhh. No one will even dream you haven't slaved over a hot stove all afternoon!
This stuff was outstanding! I was very suspicious given how easy it is, but you literally just throw the stuff in a pot, heat it up and you're done! Don't forget the sour cream and cilantro - that's what makes it. Quick, easy, hot, very yummy.