Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Love it because it is easy. Entire recipe takes approx 10-15 minutes and after a long day it is a very filling meal that only takes minutes to make. There are lots of variations to suit your family's taste. I usually use a 6 oz can of tomato sauce and a can of water to cut down on sugar as I have a diabetic husband. Add your favorite vegetables on top for that "total taco appearance".
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix (Spicy but can use mild if preferred)
- 12 ounces salt-free tomato sauce
- 8 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes (any style)
- In a large frying pan brown ground meat until done, sprinkle with taco mix, add tomato sauce and stir well. Let simmer on very low heat approximately 5-10 minutes. While ground beef is browning, prepare Simply Potatoes as directed. Pour ground meat mixture on top of Simply Potatoes, add shredded cheese, melt and your done! Enjoy!