Recipe by personalchefeileen
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This recipe is super easy and delicious. I adapted it from a recipe my Mom made when I was growing up.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I use sirloin)
- 1⁄2 sweet onion (1/2 medium, diced about 1 cup)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of onion soup (10 3/4oz can Undeliuted)
- 1 lb frozen white corn (white or yellow or a blend)
- 24 ounces Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown Ground Beef and Onion in a large pan until no longer pink, drain off any fat if necessary. Return to pan.
- Add undeluited can of Cream of Onion Soup and mix well.
- Pour the beef and onion mixture into a 2 - 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Add the 1 lb bag of frozen corn on top of the beef and onion mixture and level out.
- Top with Mashed Potatoes and spread evenly over the corn (stir the potatoes first, they will be easier to spread).
- Place in the preheated oven (uncovered) and bake for 40-50 minutes. The potatoes should be slightly browned. To make sure it is heated through, stick a knife in the center. The blade should be hot when you pull it out.