Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ready, Set, Cook!!!! Special Edition Contest Entry. This entry is SIMPLY the best!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups mexican cheese, grated divided
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounce) Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet over medium high heat crumble and brown the ground beef.
- As beef begins to cook, add chopped onion. When ground beef is browned stir in tomato paste, taco seasoning and set aside.
- In a 1 1/2 quart baking dish, spoon in 1/2 cup Simply Potatoes® Traditional Mashed Potatoes spread on bottom of dish.
- Pour hamburger on top of Simply Potatoes® Traditional Mashed Potatoes; add 1/2 Mexican cheese on top of hamburger.
- Drain corn and spread on top cheese.
- Drain and rinse black beans, and pour on top of corn.
- Add remaining Mexican cheese on top of black beans.
- Pour remaining Simply Potatoes® Traditional Mashed Potatoes on top of cheese and spread.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until heated through, let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with the sliced green onion.