SUPER EASY way to make you own Heath Bars!!!
Make and share this Simply Easy Buttery Toffee recipe from Food.com.
- Line a 15x10 inch baking pan with foil, extending over edges.
- In 3 qt saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup, and 1/3 cup WATER.
- Cook on med-hi to boiling, stirring gently, until sugar is dissolved.
- Clip on candy thermometer.
- Cook on med heat, stirring often, to 290 degrees.
- Remove thermometer.
- Spread in pan.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate, let stand 2 minutes.
- Spread chocolate, top with nuts.
- Press nuts into chocolate.
- Cool until set.
This was a really easy recipe, and it tastes delicious! Even DH, who doesn't usually eat candies, loved it. My toffee was looking just perfect until I poured it into the baking pan, where it began to separate a little bit. My stirring and thermometer were okay, but I might try a stainless steel pan next time to help regulate the heat. Also, there is no salt in the recipe, and no specifics on salted or unsalted butter, so I used unsalted (cause it's what was handy), but next time I'll use the salted butter, and hopefully that will help avoid separation. Even with a little butter floating on top of the toffee the chocolate still spread neatly, and it tastes wonderful. We'll be making this again come holiday time, or the next time I need Heath bars for a dessert. Thanks for sharing, MizzNezz! Made & enjoyed in support of your courageous fight. Fight Like A Girl!