Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The only way to describe this easy recipe for toffee is WOW!...and you won't need a candy thermometer to make this one....keeps well in a covered container for up to 2 weeks.
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 36 saltine crackers (2"x2")
- 11 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, over med-high heat, blend butter and brown sugar.
- Heat to boiling and boil 4 minutes (exactly 4 minutes).
- Cover a 10" x 15" jellyroll pan with foil, and butter lightly.
- Place a single layer of saltines on the foil close together.
- Pour the butter mixture over crackers, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Immediately, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the cooled crackers.
- Allow to soften, then spread evenly over crackers.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Break into pieces and serve.