Recipe by Cook4_6
I discovered Breezermom's Aromatic Slow-Roasted Tomatoes Aromatic Slow-Roasted Tomatoes, and decided to use it to make home made marinara and it turned out divine. Toss it with 16 oz of rigatoni, 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, and the rest of the 2 oz of fresh basil for the most delicious Caprese Pasta Dish ever! You can puree all or part of the tomatoes for a smoother sauce. The time does not include the 7 hours to oven roast the tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, small diced finely
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 4 lbs tomatoes, oven roasted and coarse chopped (see reference above)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 ounce basil, fresh chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a sauce pan.
- Add onion and garlic being careful not to burn, cook about 8 minutes until soft.
- Add broth and wine and heat to simmer.
- Add chopped and/or pureed tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low for a minimum of 30 minutes or until the sauce begins to condense and thicken.
- Add basil and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- See instructions above for turning this into a divine caprese style pasta dish!