Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Let’s get those crock pots steaming and have ourselves a good old crock pot chicken recipe. Yummmmm.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves (frozen)
- 8 ounces Italian salad dressing (trust me)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (who said it was healthy?)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In your crock pot, combine chicken breasts & dressing. Cover & cook on low for 6 -7 hours- you want it good and tender & juicy.
- Drain juices and shred chicken meat.
- In a medium bow- mix soup, broth, cream cheese, basil, thyme & S & P. Pour over slow cooker chicken. Continue to cook on low for one hour.
- Now, you’re ready to serve over pasta or eat it plain. Steamed broccoli is a perfect mate for this dish. Aren’t crock pots just the most wonderful cooking companion? Enjoy.
This was excellent. Such a wonderful comfort food. I served this over long grain wild rice. My BH did not like it. I think that it was the cream cheese in the dish that he did not like but I actually thought the cream cheese pretty much made the whole recipe. Oh well, more for me. Hah? Thank you so much. Not sure if I will make it again only because he did not like it and it makes too much for me to eat by myself but that is the only reason that I would not make it again. This is a must try recipe.
Pretty good. It would almost be better with out the sauce. Made great leftover sandwiches.