1/1 Photo of Simply Delightful and Easy Lima Beans
I love lima beans and wanted to make a simple recipe that was tasteful but quick and easy to make. I had made something similar years back but changed it to suit my taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs (leaves only, refer to Note below. Use fresh thyme only, not dried)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (good quality brand, or else it won't taste the same)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Place frozen lima beans in a saucepan. Cover with the water.
- 2Add garlic, thyme and bay leaf and stir. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 - 20 minutes or until tender.
- 3Into a sieve that is place over a bowl, pour off broth. Pour approximately 1/2 - 1 cup of broth back into saucepan with lima beans. Shake any garlic or thyme that sticks to sieve back into the lima bean mixture. Discard bay leaf. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Evenly pour olive oil over all and stir. Check for seasoning and adjust with salt, pepper, olive oil, if necessary. Serve hot.
- 4NOTE: to remove leaves from stem, turn stem upside down and run both index finger and thumb down main stem. This will remove outer stems and leaves. Add outer stems and leaves to dish. Do not chop.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Delightful and Easy Lima Beans
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 349.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs